Sunday, November 4, 2007

Life as Dad

I appreciate everyone's comments encouraging me to post more often; and how Cody has gained insight by my posts into me being more than just Dad..... while I have been Dad all of his life (and before), I existed (gasp) before he did....long before he did. (We used to ride dinosaurs to school before there were Flintstone cars) I was Mom's husband before that, and Elder Heffner before that, and just me before that. Life was so much simpler then; because we were simpler then. The good old days will be now, when you are old, not because they were good, but because you are old.

And now that each of my children has the distinct impression that he or she is my favorite one, I can say and finally confirm that indeed, you are absolutely right! And even more so my grandchildren! Each of you has special qualities that are irreplaceable and unique. I had to remind Brad the other day that he is pretty darned smart, because he married my daughter. (and lucky, too, because I gave my consent)

No comments: